New ideas & inspiration
Recipes of Today (click names to expand recipe)
Wyoming Gourmet Beef Roast
1 3 lb Chuck roast
1 teaspoon + 1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried basil
1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
3 cloves of garlic, finely minced to a paste
1. Combine the following seasonings and mix well: salt, pepper, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, and minced garlic.
2. Place the oven rack in the middle position and preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Use paper towels to dry excess moisture from the meat. Rub entire roast with a teaspoon of oil and then evenly sprinkle the seasoning mixture all over the roast.
3. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it just begins to simmer and slightly smoke. Add the roast and sear until richly browned on all sides (including the sides and the ends), 3 to 4 minutes per side.
4. Transfer the roast to a roasting pan lined with foil. Roast the meat for about an for1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours, or until the roast reaches an internal temperature of 130 degrees F for medium-rare or 140 degrees F for medium. Cooking the roast past medium could cause the meat to be too dry! For medium-well, cook beef to 150 degrees F. For well done, cook beef to 160 degrees F. (Temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees after removing from oven and attain desired doneness)
5. Remove the roast from the oven to a carving board and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes. Slice the meat and serve with potatoes, brown rice, or steamed vegetables
Serves 4-6 people.
Wyoming Gourmet Beef Lasagna
12 pieces of uncooked Lasagna
1 lb. Wyoming Gourmet Ground Beef
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning Mix
15 oz. Ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons parsley flakes
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 jar Prego Chunky Garden Combo Spaghetti Sauce
4 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
Cook lasagna according to instructions on box. Drain and leave lasagna in cool water.
In frying pan, brown and stir Wyoming Gourmet Ground Beef into small morsels. Drain off fat, rinse quickly with hot water, and return beef to frying pan. Add garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings and cook for five minutes. Set aside.
Mix together Ricotta cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley flakes, and garlic powder.
In 9x13 pan, arrange 3 lasagna noodles in bottom of pan. Spread and layer with:
1/4 jar of the spaghetti sauce,
1/3 of Ricotta cheese mixture
1/4 of the Wyoming Gourmet Ground Beef with seasonings
1 C. mozzarella cheese
Add another layer of noodles and repeat. Do not put ricotta cheese mixture on 4th (top) layer.
Bake at 350 d. for about 45 minutes. Let lasagna stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Old-fashioned Recipes (click names to expand recipe)
Old-fashioned Pot Roast
3 Pounds Rump, Chuck, or Shoulder
1/3 Cup Suet*
1/2 Cup Hot Water
Salt and Pepper
Rub meat with four, salt, and pepper. Melt suet in heavy kettle or Dutch oven. Add meat. Sear. Add water. Cover tightly. Cook slowly about 4 hours, or until tender. More water may be used if necessary. 8 servings.
Searchlight Recipe Book, 1954